Thursday, August 26, 2010

hope is in the hiding

Lost, simply floating
amidst an endless abyss
of beauty and betrayal, an
everlasting ocean of options and
indecision, desires and insatiability,
aimlessly and without pause I
blend into those around
me, you cannot see me what
you see is not me, but the
me you made out of parts of
the whole me; no one knows me
I'm hidden, flying beneath
a knitted shroud, light peeking in
through the holes from all directions, stand
there, come closer;
I'll build your intrigue
with my creative hands of mystery that I use
to cover my scars, my raw heart
the hands that hold my blood, run through it
move to the right, you'll see another side
come no closer to the holes in my sheath
too much you'll never see, back up
that's enough of me, leave me
to drift about, away, you could never know
all of me is nothing to all you want
all of me is for only to me
turn around, you're blocking the light
I can't see all of me with you
standing there, beside me, let go
I'd rather be lost, shrouded, wildly soaring without end
than found, open, bound to your uncertainty.

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment