Friday, August 13, 2010

one way

The only me I
know to be is the me you
don't want to be with
right now, you say. So
I'll go on, fearless as I
once was. Love me or
love me not, I will
cope now in the only way
i know. I go. Flying today
tomorrow is just another day
like today
cloud to my left, sun to my right
ahead is nothing i can see
i am blind. i am without hope
without dissatisfaction
without emotion for me
complete with devotion to one
thing i cannot grasp
i cannot seem to have
nothing to anyone worth fighting
for me, someday i will be
until then, i'm on a one way
street to nowhere you know
the only place i know to go
you can't meet me there
over there
you cannot enter here
maybe these heights will be such
that you cannot resist
but know they exist
without them
within me
this is a one way street
wide enough for one.

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment