Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Like Slow Venom

like slow venom it sickens
the Pain brought by a truth of heart
as I realize you can’t be here
and I can’t be there
for you, with you is all I can think
I want to be, while with you is all you know
you don’t want me to be.

Like slow venom is eats away
at the heat of my blood
at the strength of my beating heart
each minute is a new fang in my skin
pouring poison, staining all peace pestiferous
more venom, less love
less heart, more uncertainty
more doubt, less willingness
less intention, more loneliness.

Like slow venom it sinks
melting through the thickness
of all I’ve built to protect my
heart, leaving less of it to give
away from all of this I wish to run
but it’s trapped within me
breaking me, piece by piece
who will want to pick up
every piece of me now?

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment