Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Heart.

Disquietude erodes my heart, barbarically puncturing
Blood falls through the holes, pouring over my soul
My mind tries to sew, but leaves spaces between
Thoughts of the positive shredded by
The negativity of truth, this reality
Cannot be reasoned with, some things cannot be
Ignorant of my plea, "Please, please me."
"No." Can't shake the inevitable, pain is bound
To come.. bound to me... bound to every chance I take
every leap I make, each feeling I fabricate
I still fall alone, while to you I simply subside
Just as the sanguine fluid of my being spills over
Renders lifeless my heart, unable to hold
Helpless in the rile of my piercing uncertainty
only bred my experience, stentorious doubt
No, reality cannot strengthen but fear
How many times this has been battered
passed only time before I began breaking it myself
to feel your hand around my bleeding heart
such thoughts are my demise, no reality but qualm therein lies
Nothing else left but to breathe pure faith, filling my lungs
though my blood still streams, dark red, staining
more ardent it becomes, eventually building
stones across the hollow, fulcrums against the weak
of my ever-torn, desiring heart.

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment