Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crazed Glass

As a sole shard of crazed glass,
sitting in a thousand directions,
see through me, past outside confections,
clear in no one’s eyes, cracked and spattered
intricate imperfection, quiet, momentous agony
peeking through the almost brokenness, light shines
moving across me, shadows moving along
like the sun through leaves amidst eager winds
beneath the tender radiance, dusted in its brightness
I want only to be covered in it, no more splinters on my skin
free of the coolness of the shadows, bury me
in your warmth, support my rifts with yours
align our fractures, with light shining through me,
through you, our dappled darkness disappears
our holes make us whole,
hand in hand, stain in stain
clouds matching in shape and speed, impeding
vanish into one another, us, shrouded in luster
sitting, glowing from end to end,
two pieces of crazed glass.

-Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment