Tuesday, July 27, 2010

As Autumn Leaves

As leaves from an autumn tree strewn across by a violent wind
my feelings are thrown into a roaring passion
soaring along at heights my mind cannot reach
they beat against my lips
words try to escape just to be uttered
my skin may break trying to keep them in.
caress my skin with your lips, heal the cracks
keep these affections beneath all you see
perhaps with one more kiss
I will not have to say all that’s building within me
perhaps I can show you these cliffs
and you can show me the other side.
but no, better my skin tear than
the wind die down and not move me
ardently my heart pounds
can you see it beat outside my breast?
my affection is seeping out of my chest
please don’t read it, don’t taste it
all I want is for it to heal, make you whole
but I fear its strength will intoxicate you
I fear you will want it alone
apart from me
I fear without me
it will nourish you still even in leaving me.
And, so I wonder
if these fears only ravage within
because true love cannot exist without
it.

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment