Friday, November 19, 2010

No More

I give you three words, I
feel them from my core and
whisper them as I dive into your eyes
I love you.
Then you give me three in return
you feel them throughout your being
utter them with intent and emotion
I miss her.
Why do you choose to
hurt me, cut me, rip the flesh
from the very heart that beats
for you?
It leaks the blood that raced through
my veins, faster with the sight of you
covers my soul, scarlet stains
because of you.
The pounding in my chest weakens
My hand leaps from yours
My heavy head falls, weighted and weary
Why her?
You are ugly in your woe as
you wallow in a walled, winter-stricken place
colorless, saline from those tears you cry
for her.
So now you must go, go far away
from the splendor of my world, and
the beauty of all that I wanted to give
to you.
Go, so I may strain the venom from my blood
and invite the gentle warmth of another
to tend to what you have poisoned
with care.
You have torn me apart for the last time
There’s nothing left to break
The heart that held the love I had for you
Is gone.

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment