Thursday, November 18, 2010

Drown, again (10/16/2010)

Am I invincible, or am I stuck
in taut invisibility, it's getting
hard to tell
what i'm trying to do while I'm letting myself
fall for you, I feel myself heavy
sinking deep into this fertile soil, of this
riverbed, water rushes past me, seemingly
through me it passes, racing with so
many things I could crouch down and reach for
many things I could learn to want, over
time tell me to stop standing here
but the weight of this feeling doesn't
seem to pass in this stream as I thought
it would, it should, it must I fear
for the sake of survival, of not drowning as
I sink deeper, my ankles covered
stains from the richness I miss cover my
breast, as once it swallowed me,
I sank without attempts to free myself,
willingly, passionately, ardently I fell, I nearly
drowned then, so why do I so earnestly tempt
these depths once more?

- Jessica Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment