Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Craving

Craving,
so relentlessly I crave
the intangible wrinkles you
do not yet have
I crave you
fifty years from now
when your skin has thinned
fallen in
I crave your
future endeavors and
everywhere you may go
shielding your wrinkles from the sun
Craving,
all you will be
in the days you know so well
your age
I crave the lines
you’ll have beside your eyes
deep, accompanying your
addicting smile.
I crave the gray
that will take over the
darkness of your hair
of your arms.
I crave your
experience, your
memories, all the thoughts
that contain us
I crave the day
I will place my wrinkled cheek
to your wrinkled cheek
and dance.

- Jessica Mary

3 comments:

  1. This may be my favorite, so far... : .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep Writing Girl You have honored your given talant! Love you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie! I hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete